Friday, February 1, 2019

How to not attend a Conference :P

For the last two years, I've participated in two international conference. and this year, another one will be on early march. Whats funny is that for all of these conferences, I always have overlapping schedule that I think is more important to go. since the conference I need to attend was actually compulsory for the student, I have no other choice but to prepare a paper and ask for other author to present it for me.

In 2017, RSM conference was organized in Penang. I dont really remember when was the poster came out to submit the paper but for those particular days, I have booked Air Asia ticket for a vacation in Osaka much early, about half a year before. Since I have planned the vacation with a friend of mine, I tried to persuade my supervisor to take my place in the presentation. And, thankfully she accepted.

ICSE Conference was held in August 2018, and this time everything went smoothly at first. But, about a month before the conference (note that deadline of submission is usually 2-3 months before the conference, so I have already submitted my paper), I have received an invitation from a Japanese Institute for an interview + internship there. And the internship was to commence immediately, around the days when I was supposed to participate on the conference. This time, however, the internship has been called off because the budget was not enough, they said. So, I was able to join the conference, and three days later, I went to Japan just for a week of interview.

My Co-Supervisor, Dr. Rhonira and Me


This upcoming March 2019, another conference, internal but not limited to, a joint symposium is going to be held in UKM. As usual, every IMEN students are required to participate in the program and so do I. Looks like this time once again I'll miss it, since I've already booked for Umrah on that date.

See, three consecutive years, I have to be in this situation. But in reality, I'm actually relieved. Its just that I'm not too eager on presenting in front of tons of academicians. the trauma felt during Japan interview is still there. haha

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...