Tuesday, January 29, 2019

How would you put language proficiency on your resume?

I have just completed my 3rd level of Japanese Language Class in UKM last semester. For now, I'm eligible to undertake the Japanese Language Proficiency Test N5 (JLPTN5) which I think will be an additional bonus point on my resume, especially if i'm to work in a Japanese company. Studying other language isn't that hard, the hardest challenge I would say is time. You see, learning a new language just need you to practice to make sentences, remember the translations and write it. Unlike science and mathematics where you will have a hard time to understand the concept, language isn't that complex. 

For Japanese Language, the hardest part for me? kanji for sure. To write and read, there will be a distinctive of three/four different type of letters, namely kanji, hiragana, katakana and sometimes romaji included. those hiragana and katakana are quite simple, and there are around nearly 100 characters to be remembered. but for kanji (originated from chinese characters), I dont really know how many are they because till now it does look to me like they are never ending. haha.

For grammar, I think is quite simple, japanese language is quite similar to arabic actually. especially the verb, there is the base form, and you'll need to add or remove a character depending on the situation. and the verb is usually consists of just a small number of characters such as:

1. mi- see
2. nomi- drink
3. yomi- hear
4. iki- go
5. ki- come
6. kaki- write
7. kari-  borrow

and the list goes on.. quite simple and ez to remember right. but all of this verb have their own kanji and thats the hard part. I mean if japanese remove kanji from their language, the difficulty level will greatly decrease :D

Actually I dont really know, because I've only been to job interview once ( and I failed that). But just in my opinion, and i would like to believe that knowing more languages will definitely increase our self-worth. Cant wait to take the JLPTN5 exam so I can finally add on to my resume.

I took TOEIC test as a requirement b4 went to the interview in Japan. Managed to get full score, haha but honestly I think any Malaysian can easily ace. It is commonly taken by koreans/japanese, in which they are not that good in English, so you can relate how the test was. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...